UUP will hold a Special Election at the 2016 Winter DA to fill the unexpired term of the Membership Development Officer (through May 31, 2017). The election will be the First Order of Business at the Plenary Session on Monday, February 1, 2016.
As required by the UUP Constitution, the following parameters will determine who may run for the position of MDO:
- Any person currently serving on the Executive Board may be a candidate; this would not change the ratio of Professional and Academic members of the Board
- Any Academic currently serving on the Executive Board may run
- Any Professional currently serving on the Executive Board may run
- Any Professional Delegate may run – except those from the Albany and Cortland Chapters – because each of those Chapters has two current members of the Executive Board
- No Academic, except those currently serving on the Executive Board, may run.
Please be advised that Release Time for the position of Membership Development Officer will not take effect until June 1, 2016.
Candidate’s Statements for publication in The Voice must be received by 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 30, 2015. Details can be found at www.uupinfo.org in the current issue of The Echo.
Please call or email Eileen if you have questions.